Groundhog Landscaping Ltd & Group of Companies services the Greater Toronto Area. We specialize in maintenance and are looking for a Horticultural Technician to join our team for the upcoming season. We are searching for someone with a positive attitude who loves to work outdoors.
A certificate/diploma in a Horticulture program will be considered an asset however is not required. Potential to participate in the apprenticeship program if desired.
Job Type: Seasonal/Full-time
- Complete tasks related to the maintenance of our customer properties – Spring and Fall clean up, weeding, pruning and dead heading, mulching and amending existing gardens, planting of annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees, creating new gardens, grass cutting, lawn mowing, trim/edging of lawn, blowing etc.
- Communicate with customers and crew members in a professional manner
- Travel to multiple customer properties throughout the day
- Conduct daily inspections of the work vehicle, tools/equipment and perform the required maintenance
- Ensure work is performed efficiently and safely in accordance with WSIB standards
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of turf, plant material and horticultural maintenance is considered an asset
- Horticulture certification/diploma is considered a valuable asset
- Capable of operating machinery
- Have previous customer service experience
- Fit to work outdoors in all weather conditions and with noise for extended periods of time
- Can perform repetitive duties and physical labour (lift 50lbs)
- Able to work flexible working hours, including the occasional weekend
- Have a G Driver’s License and clean driving abstract (abstract available upon request)
- Capable of effectively communicating in English, both oral and written
- Possess general computer skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Have a positive attitude and are eager to learn new skills
- Able to problem solve and are detail oriented · Winter work experience is a valuable asset
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
- Benefits (health spending account)
- Chance for year-round work
- Competitive salary
- On the job training
- Located near the subway station (Kipling)
- Company event
COVID-19 Considerations Groundhog landscaping Ltd. has Covid-19 protocols to keep our technicians safe. We require face masks to be worn as well as provide hand sanitizer in every work vehicle. We ensure that in the workforce social distancing is enforced and that we are adhering to the guidelines set by the Provincial Government.
Please fill out the below form to the best of your ability. Once submitted please allow from 3-5 business days for us to receive and review your application. If you have been selected as a candidate you will be contacted via phone or email.